MURRAY — The Calloway County Public Library is pleased to provide access to “Testing and Education Reference Center (TERC),” a valuable online tool, from Gale, a Cengage company, that learners can use for standardized test preparation, researching undergraduate and graduate programs, finding tuition assistance and exploring careers. Library patrons can even pursue new career paths with test prep assistance for career certification exams and gain advice on resumes, cover letters, interviewing and networking.
“TERC helps users embark on new education and career paths with in-depth information on higher education programs, distance learning, corporate training, available scholarships and more,” said CCPL Director Mignon Reed. “It is a valuable tool in supporting the education and workforce development needs of the community.”
TERC helps guide learners with:
• Test prep: Full-length, timed practice exams that stimulate the actual testing experience for AP, ACT, SAT, PSAT, GED, HiSET and TASC exams. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much preparation they need before taking an exam.
• College planning: Intuitive searches and quick results deliver information on more than 4,000 accredited schools, including school location, tuition, academics, admission requirements, campus life and more.
• Financial aid tools: Benefit from an undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder and more.
• Career development: The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students in building essential career skills - like how to build a resume, cover letter and interviewing tips for users at all career stages. Using the career module, tests help users map interests and aptitudes to the most suitable job categories, industries and occupations.
• International tools: Helps individuals prepare to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOELF (PBT), TOEIC and U.S. citizenship tests with online practice tests and eBooks.
Community members can access “Testing and Education Reference Center” on any device by visiting the library’s website at www.callowaycountylibrary.org.
For more information or questions, call 270-753-2288 or stop by the library at 710 Main St.